Building Healthy Communities Needs Amazing People Like You.
Southlake is building healthy communities through outstanding care, innovative partnerships, and amazing people. We deliver a wide range of healthcare services to the communities of northern York Region and southern Simcoe County. Our advanced regional programs include Cancer Care and Cardiac Care and serve a broader population across the northern GTA and into Simcoe-Muskoka.
Our team of nearly 6,000 staff, physicians, volunteers, students and Patient and Family Advisors are committed to creating an environment where the best experiences happen. As a recognition of our commitment to quality and patient safety, we have received the highest distinction of Exemplary Standing from Accreditation Canada.
We have many social and team-building opportunities throughout the year including award ceremonies and staff appreciation events. We also celebrate many important annual events like Nursing Week, Patient Experience Week and Doctors’ Day. Our onsite Staff Wellness Centre and gym is open 24/7 to support the health and wellness goals of staff and physicians at Southlake.
Building Healthy Communities Needs Amazing People Like You
Amazing people represent every aspect of our many services. With a team of over 3,000 employees, 580 physicians, and more than 900 volunteers, Southlake is committed to creating an environment where the best experiences happen.
Our culture is all of us.Arden Krystal President & CEO Southlake Regional Health Centre
Are you looking for an exciting and meaningful career? Are you interested in meeting the changing needs of our growing communities? Do you desire to work in an environment where the best experiences happen? Where your employer is committed to helping you grow in your job towards an enriched and successful future?
At Southlake, we strive to recruit amazing people who live our values by acting with compassion, serving with purpose and believing in the power of many. People who have the courage to think differently with the understanding that every voice matters.
Rewarding our valuable employees
Southlake offers a comprehensive Total Rewards benefits package as well as recognition programs including:
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Free referral and counseling services for you and your immediate family members.
- Hospitals of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP).
- Designed for Ontario’s healthcare community and with billions of dollars in net assets, the Hospitals of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP) is one of the largest and most successful pension plans in Canada. HOOPP offers a defined benefit pension plan and supporting services. It provides eligible members with a lifetime pension based on their earnings history and service in the Plan. The hospital contributes 126% of the employee deductions.
- Extended health and dental plans.
- Life insurance coverage.
- Long term disability (LTD) coverage.
- Maternity and parental leave top-up for the first six months of leave.
- Staff recognition programs such as the Loyalty Event and the Southlake Champion Awards.
- Incentive Programs such as Employee Referral Program, Bonus Incentive and Relocation Incentive.
Developing your career experience
Maximize your own career experience through Southlake’s many opportunities for learning and development. We offer the following professional development options to our people:
- Education and personal development opportunities.
- Educational assistance and tuition reimbursement funding programs.
- Qualified educators to support each clinical program.
- E-modules and classroom sessions offered to all staff through our Southlake Online Learning System (SOLS). This learning system will allow you to register for a variety of courses and wellness activities.
- The Health Sciences Library connects staff with the resources they need in order to provide quality health care, continuous learning, teaching, research and administration. The library space provides books, computers, study spaces and other resources.
Be part of a healthy workplace
Southlake is committed to providing a wellness-centred work environment by offering the following support:
- Flexible summer working schedules are available for non-union staff.
- On-site physician and occupational health nurses provide health counselling and other services such as vaccinations, flu and hepatitis “B” shots.
- In June 2019 we opened an onsite staff gym and wellness centre for staff, with various fitness equipment and classes such as yoga and Pilates.
- Special discounts are available for staff purchasing home, auto and travel insurance, prescription drugs and many other items from participating merchants. These are available immediately upon employment.
- Social and recreational discounts are available to staff and the Southlake Gift Shop offers at 10% discount.
- The retail pharmacy, Centric Health, offers 10% discounts to staff on over-the-counter purchases, as well as a $7 dispensing fee for prescriptions.
Being Southlake is having fun!
- We host fun holiday and summer events such as our annual summer BBQ.
- We encourage participation in events such as Jersey Days, dressing up for Halloween, Toy Drives, Foundation events such as the Run for Southlake, PJs and Pancakes and the list goes on.
- We have many social and team-building events throughout the year including loyalty events, award receptions recognizing leadership, service and our volunteers; staff appreciation events; and we celebrate many special awareness days like Doctors’ Day, Nursing Week, Patient Experience Week, Heart and Cancer Months, just to name a few.
Both full-time and part-time employees are welcome to join the on-site employee credit union which offers savings and loans at competitive rates.
CAA Group Rates
The Canadian Automotive Association offers reduced group rates for hospital employees.
To apply for membership simply present your hospital ID badge.
Canada Pension and Employment Insurance
Financial Planning Seminars
Seminars are offered during the year for all staff. Topics may include information on registered retirement savings plans, planning your retirement, investments, etc.
A convenient gift shop offers unique items for purchase in a friendly atmosphere.
Special discounts for employees purchasing home and auto and travel insurance, prescription drugs, paint, and many other items from participating merchants are available immediately upon employment.
Occupational Health and Safety Unit
On-site occupational health nurses provide health counseling and other services such as vaccinations, flu, and hepatitis “B” shots.
The retail pharmacy, located in both the East Building and the Medical Arts Building, offers discounts to staff on some over the counter purchases. Full-time employees with benefits may have prescriptions filled and your insurance company will be billed directly.
Savings Bonds (Canada)
Payroll deduction is available for the purchase of bonds.