Southlake and the Town of Newmarket will dedicate COVID-19 vaccination appointments May 27 through June 1 for children aged 12+, youth and their families living, working, or going to school in York Region. Click here to book now for this family-friend vaccination experience. Appointments must be scheduled in advance.
The vaccination centre is by appointment only.
If you do not have an appointment, you will be turned away.
To book an appointment:
Future appointments will be available once capacity allows and vaccine supply is available. Please check back often. Thank you for your patience.
Please visit York.ca/COVID19vaccine for the most up-to-date vaccination criteria for York Region.
Our goal is to get as many people vaccinated as quickly as possible. As we receive more vaccine supply, we will make more appointments available.
Pregnant individuals are eligible to receive their vaccine through Public Health Unit (PHU) immunization clinics by booking an appointment through the provincial call centre at 1-888-999-6488. Pregnant individuals who are in a PHU not using the provincial booking system will be directed to their local PHU to book an appointment. A doctors’ note is not required.
Tips for booking an appointment
- Please do not call the hospital switchboard to book a COVID-19 vaccine appointment.
- If you need help with booking a vaccination appointment, ask computer-savvy friends and family for help or call the booking line at 1-844-301-8080.
- For questions about eligibility, click here or call Access York at 1-877-464-9675.
- For questions about whether the vaccine is right for you, speak with your family doctor or primary care provider. We can not answer these questions before or during a vaccination appointment.
- Vaccine Centre location information is below
- You will need to provide proof of residency (i.e. driver’s license) and that you are member of an eligible group (i.e. work ID, letter from long-term care home stating you are an essential care provider)
- Please arrive only 10 minutes before your appointment time.
Second doses of the vaccine
It is important to note that Southlake is supporting York Region Public Health’s vaccine rollout. Please visit York.ca/COVID19vaccine for the most up-to-date vaccination criteria for York Region.
More information on future phases of the vaccine implementation
- For more information on future phases of the vaccine implementation, visit: york.ca
- Watch for future updates from the Ontario government regarding vaccines. To learn more visit https://covid-19.ontario.ca/covid-19-vaccines-ontario.
Ray Twinney Recreation Complex, Arena 2
100 Eagle Street W.
The vaccination centre is located in arena 2 at the Ray Twinney Recreations Complex.
Resources for those getting the vaccine
Pfizer Biontech vaccine monograph and patient information sheet (source: Pfizer)
If you have questions about whether the vaccine is right for you, please contact your primary healthcare provider (family doctor, nurse practitioner). Those providing the vaccine at the centre are not able to provide individual consultations on whether or not you should receive this vaccine.