A record-breaking number of Smiles: Tim Hortons® donates $45,000 from $12 million national Smile Cookie Campaign to Southlake Regional Health Centre Foundation.
NEWMARKET, OCTOBER 29, 2021 – Tim Hortons restaurant owners and millions of generous Canadians across the country combined broke a new Smile Cookie record by raising more than $12 million for local charities across the country.
Together, our community and local Tim Hortons restaurant owners in Newmarket, Aurora and East Gwillimbury raised $45,000 to support Southlake Regional Health Centre Foundation. The Tim Hortons in Southlake Hospital also raised an additional $2,529. The funds raised will go towards the hospital’s most urgent needs, including tools and equipment that our clinicians depend on to provide leading-edge care, close to home, for everyone in our communities.
“Southlake Hospital builds healthy communities through outstanding care and innovative partnerships,” says Jennifer Klotz-Ritter, President and CEO, Southlake Regional Health Centre Foundation. “Tim Hortons Smile Cookie has given us $45,000 reasons to smile. We appreciate Tim Horton’s continuing commitment to healthy communities and the generosity of everyone who participated in the campaign.”
“Each and every year, Tim Hortons restaurant owners continue to go above and beyond to help raise funds for our annual Smile Cookie campaign and it’s truly inspiring to be a part of something so great and impactful,” says Hope Bagozzi, Chief Marketing Officer for Tim Hortons.
Tim Hortons restaurant owners across Canada will be presenting their local charity partners with Smile Cookie cheques throughout the next month.
Smile Cookie Campaign Facts
- In 2020, the Smile Cookie campaign raised $56 million across Canada
- The Tim Hortons Smile Cookie program started in 1996, originally raising funds for Hamilton Children’s Hospital. Twenty-five years later, the annual charitable campaign has now raised a total of more than $77 million for charities selected every year by restaurant owners.
- Nationally, Tim Hortons restaurant owners support over 600 local charities, hospitals and community programs through the Smile Cookie campaign
Join the Smile Cookie Conversation
- Use the hashtag #SmileCookie
- Tag or follow us on Instagram @TimHortons and @SouthlakeFoundation
- Tag or follow us on Twitter @TimHortons and SouthlakeFndn
- Like us on Facebook Tim Hortons and @SouthlakeFoundation
- Subscribe to us on YouTube @TimHortons and SouthlakeFoundation
- Visit TimHortons.ca/smile-cookie for a list of local charities benefiting from the Smile Cookie campaign