Volunteering with Passion
Building healthy communities through outstanding patient care begins by improving the patient experience. Our valued volunteers are placed where we feel they will provide the most support to Southlake. Whether assisting with wayfinding, registration, recreation or bedside visits, the role of a volunteer is, and always will be to deliver the best patient experience.
Within different areas of the hospital, there are over 110 enriching volunteer opportunities at Southlake. Each will provide a rewarding experience in direct patient care or non-patient support. Rest assured, no matter where you apply to volunteer, you will be impacting the lives of patients and families, and Southlake is passionate about making a difference in your life as well.
To become a volunteer you must:
- Be 16 years of age or older.
- Submit an online application.
- Attend an in-person interview.
- Commit to a minimum of 75 hours.
Acceptance as a volunteer is conditional upon:
- Submitting two reference forms.
- Submitting a clear Vulnerable Sector Screening (Police Check).
- Completing a two-step tuberculosis (TB) test and proof of up to date immunizations.
- Attending an orientation session.
Note: Due to changes within our requirements and the personal availability of individual applicants, we cannot guarantee that every applicant will obtain a volunteer placement.