Patient Connect is an online tool that gives patients and families access to their health care information, health records, appointments, and notes from clinical visits 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
With Patient Connect, you always have the most relevant and up-to-date information about your health care at your fingertips.
With Patient Connect, you can:
- View upcoming appointments
- Request a change to your demographic information
- Review laboratory and diagnostic results
- Health Care provider notes
- View visit history information
- A summary of the medications ordered when you are discharged from the hospital
You can also access Patient Connect from your mobile device using the MEDITECH MHealth app available in the Apple App store or Google Play store.
Already signed up?
Click here to log on to your Patient Connect account:
Enroll for Patient Connect
To self enroll:
- Provide your email address when you register as a patient at the hospital.
- Click here request enrollment
- Complete the Enrollment Request form
- Click Submit
- An email will be sent to the same address that you entered on the Enrollment Request form. Follow the link in that email to create your unique user log in ID and password to complete enrollment.
We take your privacy very seriously. All of our systems and procedures are compliant with, and guided by, the Personal Health Information Protection Act of Ontario. Patient Connect has privacy and security safeguards in place to ensure that your health information is protected.
Recommendations to ensure the security and privacy of your information:
- Always Log off the Patient Connect portal before stepping away from the computer.
- If you are using a cellphone or tablet, be sure to log off when you are finished accessing your information, or before leaving your device unattended. Patient Connect will automatically logoff after 15 minutes of inactivity. Do not wait for the automatic logout. Protect your privacy by logging off every time! Similarly, log off your e-mail account to prevent access to your email for account setup and password reset.
- Keep your password in a safe place. If you need to write down your password, do not include hints that could easily identify it as your Patient Connect password. It is also important to choose strong/unique passwords to ensure your account is secure. It can be helpful to use a phrase to help you remember your password. As an example, the phrase “I like to eat chocolate ice cream 99” can help you remember the password “Iltecic99.”
- Never allow your computer browser software to save/remember/autofill your password. If you do, another person using your computer will be able to access your information without needing to know your password.
- Protect your printed personal health information. If you print any information from Patient Connect, be sure to keep your printed information in a safe and secure place.
If you have any concerns that your password is no longer confidential, click here to reset your password.
The Shared Health Information Network Exchange (SHINE) is a partnership among several hospitals in Ontario to enable seamless access to patients’ health information at all sites. The robust, integrated approach, allows clinicians to access more information about their patients when they need it from almost anywhere.
This will be particularly beneficial to patients who are cared for at multiple sites, such as cardiac and cancer patients, who receive care at both their local hospital and at one of Southlake’s regional programs.
Markham Stouffville Hospital, Southlake Regional Health Centre and Stevenson Memorial Hospital are the founding SHINE partners.