Major Gifts Coordinator
UNION GROUP: Non-Union
SALARY RANGE: As per scale
POSTED: January 19, 2021
PLEASE APPLY BY: February 9, 2021
About The Position
Are you passionate about healthcare philanthropy? Do you thrive in an active, fast-paced major gifts and campaign environment? Do you have an eye for detail with exceptional organizational skills to deliver the best donor experience? Are you looking for an opportunity to stretch your skills and learn new ones? Do you get excited about a professional growth opportunity with a dynamic, growth-focused, forward-thinking foundation?
Southlake Regional Health Centre Foundation has an exciting new opportunity for the right individual to advance their career as our Major Gifts Coordinator while helping to bring leading-edge care close to home for our communities of York and South Simcoe Regions.
Reporting to the Vice President, Major Gifts and Campaign, as Major Gifts Coordinator you will be the critical administrative support to the Major Gifts and Campaign portfolio, responsible for direct administrative and fundraising support to the Major Gifts portfolio. As the ‘rudder on the ship,’ this key role provides administrative leadership and donor and volunteer support, while also taking the lead on logistics for major gift meetings and donor development events. The ideal candidate has a keen interest and competency in administrative tasks and working knowledge of fundraising best practices and experience in supporting pipeline management. The successful candidate projects a ‘can do’ attitude, is donor-focused, takes initiative and demonstrates professional maturity with the polished demeanour required to interact with our most engaged donors and volunteers. They demonstrate first-rate inferential skills, are a natural problem solver, versatile, highly organized and can manage multiple, competing priorities in a results-focused, fast-paced development office.
Duties and responsibilities:
Major Gift Fundraising Administration and Support (80%)
- Donor meeting scheduling, preparation and support for Vice President, Major Gifts & Campaign; Director, Philanthropy; Associate Director, Philanthropy; and Development Officers (2)
- Draft, format and edit a range of donor correspondence including email, thank you letters, gift agreements, pledge forms and others
- Assist with the preparation of proposals, stewardship reports and other donor communications
- Update and maintain donor database, electronic files and records, ensuring integrity of data
- Monitor and produce standardized reports and queries
- In support of pipeline management activities, proactively prompt and facilitate fundraising activity led by senior fundraisers
- Professionally respond to internal and external requests for information
- Manage the creation and distribution of meeting agendas, materials, and minutes
- Lead administrative support for our Philanthropy Cabinet of leadership volunteers and Physicians’ Council
- Collaborate with other Foundation staff groups and provide support as required
Donor Event Coordination (20%)
- Lead logistics planning and execution for all major gifts cultivation and stewardship events
- In collaboration with the Director, Philanthropy, create critical path and manage team to deadlines to ensure deliverables are met
- Develop menus, coordinate all food and beverage with venues and/or caterers
- Coordinate and provide support to Hospital partners and special guests
- Coordinate guest lists, invitations, RSVPs, follow-up communications and ensure all information is tracked and recorded in donor database
- Manage event registration and act as on-site logistics lead on event day directing set-up and take-down
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree, college diploma or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in a not-for-profit organization previous experience in an institutional (i.e. Hospital Foundation) setting an asset
- Strong administrative skills with advanced computer literacy: Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Experience with donor databases, especially Raiser’s Edge a definite asset
- Exceptional organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Customer service orientation
- Flexible, collaborative and supportive of colleagues to achieve team success
- Exceptional initiative, inferential, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Resourcefulness and ability to work independently to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Professional maturity and ability to manage confidential information and exercise good judgement
- Good interpersonal skills and professional presence
- Event planning and logistics experience
- Understanding of major gift operations and business practices a definite asset
If you have the qualifications, commitment, and passion to join us and raise the bar for healthcare philanthropy in our communities, we would like to hear from you. It is an exciting time to be at Southlake. Southlake Foundation offers a competitive compensation package, including a benefits package that with a defined-benefit pension program. Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
If interested, please apply with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Southlake Regional Health Centre
Southlake is building healthy communities through outstanding care, innovative partnerships, and amazing people. We deliver a wide range of healthcare services to the communities of northern York Region and southern Simcoe County. Our advanced regional programs include Cancer Care and Cardiac Care and serve a broader population across the northern GTA and into Simcoe-Muskoka.
Our team of 3500 staff, 580 physicians, 780 volunteers, 950 students and 90 Patient and Family Advisors are committed to creating an environment where the best experiences happen. As a recognition of our commitment to quality and patient safety, we have received the highest distinction of Exemplary Standing from Accreditation Canada.
With an annual operating budget of over $450 million, we care for a rapidly growing and ageing population and have developed an exciting plan for new facilities to serve our communities into the future. A member of the Southlake Community Ontario Health Team, we are working with our partners to deliver integrated care to northern York Region and southern Simcoe County.
About Southlake Regional Health Centre Foundation
Since the inception of Southlake Foundation in 1980, more than $200.5 million dollars has been raised in support of Southlake Regional Health Centre. Working with members of the community, hundreds of volunteers, the Southlake Family and our incredible donors, Southlake Foundation will continue to support life-saving medical equipment, infrastructure upgrades and expansions, patient programs and staff education, all for the goal of providing leading-edge care for patients and families, close to home. For more information visit: www.southlakefoundation.ca