Creating the Cancer Care You Deserve
One in two Canadians will be diagnosed with cancer. They’re our spouses, children, parents, friends and neighbours. They’re us.
When we hear the words “you have cancer,” life is never the same. Everything out there — jobs, errands, commitments, and the daily stress of our lives — is suddenly less important. When life is turned upside down, what matters most is right here. The Stronach Regional Cancer Centre at Southlake is dedicated to making here the absolute best place to diagnose, treat, and survive cancer. Our mission is to provide a space here to receive leading edge care close to home and the critical support systems people living with cancer must rely on. HERE is where cancer meets its match.
Our goal: to raise $20 million to create the cancer care you deserve.
This Campaign will bring the latest technology to the Stronach Regional Cancer Centre to ensure our talented clinicians can deliver the best care — and the best chance for our patients to survive their cancer — right here. With the investment of our community we can increase our capacity to help more people and improve the patient journey and experience. We cannot do this alone.
We need you by our side, to be by their side.
Together we will:
- bring the first PET-CT to our Region to expedite diagnosis and support personalized treatment;
- expand our Radiation Therapy Program with new technology, replacing our original fleet of linear accelerators and adding a fifth to treat 400 more patients a year;
- expand our Systemic Therapy Program for chemotherapy treatment to over 870 more patients;
- expand outpatient care for acute leukemia patients so that the most vulnerable don’t have to travel downtown for supportive care;
- and replace our MRI that is at end of its service life to conduct 8000 scans a year.
HERE, the need is greater than ever.
We see a tomorrow where the demand for leading edge cancer care is greater than ever before. We are determined that future will not be one of compromise. Facing this challenge requires not only expanding our capacity to deliver care, but introducing advanced technology to transform care. In the end, our goal is to ensure that our loved ones can find the care they deserve close to home. Will you join us?
Learn more about HERE is Where Cancer Meets its Match, supporting Southlake’s Stronach Regional Cancer Centre.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.
“I wasn’t worried about a thing. Just walking in the doors, I felt like I was in the best hands possible.”
– Sheila Verzin, Cancer Survivor
If you have cancer, this is this place to be. We have such incredible talent here — individuals at the very forefront of their disciplines. Our doctors, nurses and radiation therapists represent the very best. Now we need to ensure they have the technology worthy of their skills.Dr. Peter Anglin, Oncologist and Physician Lead for the Stronach Regional Cancer Centre