What should I bring to Southlake?
- Your Ontario Health Card and all relevant private insurance information which covers semi-private or private accommodation. If you sign up for semi-private or private accommodation and you do not have extended health insurance you will be financially responsible for any charges incurred.
- An up-to-date list of all medications and dosages you take on a regular basis. If you bring the medications with you to show staff, please ensure they are taken home, or sent home as soon as the nurse or physician has made a record of them. The hospital cannot be responsible for storing your medications.
- A bathrobe, non-slip footwear, and comfortable lounge or sleepwear.
- A toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, shaving supplies, body lotion (unscented), and other toiletries.
- A comb and brush.
- A box of facial tissues and feminine hygiene products.
- A small note pad and a pen or pencil.
- $20.00 – $25.00 in cash. This will cover several days of patient telephone activation or approximately one day of patient telephone and television service combined. This fee will be collected by Hospitality Network representatives.
- Custom-designed aids such as walkers and wheelchairs.
- For a child, their favourite toy or blanket, and diapers if required.
- For a newborn, diapers, sleepers, and appropriate clothing for discharge.
- Cell phone and small devices.
If you forget any of the above items, most are available for purchase from the Southlake’s Gift Shop or Centric Health Pharmacy both located on Level 1 of the East Building. For hours of operation please click here.
What Should I Leave at Home?
- Valuables such as jewelry, large sums of money or credit cards. Leave these items at home, or with a family member/friend. If your admission is unexpected, please send any valuables home with your family/friend; if you are alone ask your nurse to place it in safekeeping until you can arrange for someone to take it home for you.
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Colognes, perfumes, body sprays, scented personal care items. Southlake is a scent-reduced environment. Please refrain from wearing/using scented products (e.g. colognes, perfumes).
Although Southlake has many security features in place, do not leave cash or any valuable articles at your bedside. Southlake cannot be responsible for personal belongings and cash which may go missing from your bedside.
Hospital Floor Plans