Building Healthy Communities Needs Amazing People Like You.
Southlake is building healthy communities through outstanding care, innovative partnerships, and amazing people. We deliver a wide range of healthcare services to the communities of northern York Region and southern Simcoe County. Our advanced regional programs include Cancer Care and Cardiac Care and serve a broader population across the northern GTA and into Simcoe-Muskoka.
Our team of nearly 6,000 staff, physicians, volunteers, students and Patient and Family Advisors are committed to creating an environment where the best experiences happen. As a recognition of our commitment to quality and patient safety, we have received the highest distinction of Exemplary Standing from Accreditation Canada.
We have many social and team-building opportunities throughout the year including award ceremonies and staff appreciation events. We also celebrate many important annual events like Nursing Week, Patient Experience Week and Doctors’ Day. Our onsite Staff Wellness Centre and gym is open 24/7 to support the health and wellness goals of staff and physicians at Southlake.
Southlake and You
Are you looking for an exciting and meaningful career? Are you interested in meeting the changing needs of our growing communities? Do you desire to work in an environment where the best experiences happen? Where where your employer is committed to helping you grow in your career towards a successful future?
Join a team dedicated to delivering an exceptional patient experience in an innovative, diverse, and welcoming workplace where everyone feels they belong and are supported in a safe environment. Southlake is committed to recruiting and retaining the most talented individuals and investing in our team to ensure they succeed and grow in their careers.
Developing your job experience
Create your own career experience by taking advantage of many professional development opportunities offered at Southlake:
- Education and personal development opportunities.
- Educational assistance and tuition reimbursement funding programs.
- Qualified educators to support each clinical program.
- E-modules and classroom sessions offered to all staff through our Southlake Online Learning System. This learning system allows you to register for a variety of courses and wellness activities.
- The Health Sciences Library connects staff with the resources they need in order to provide high-quality health care, continuous learning, teaching, research and administration. The library space provides books, computers, study spaces and other resources.
Be part of a healthy workplace
Southlake is committed to providing a wellness-centred work environment by offering the following initiatives:
- Employee and Family Assistance Program, which offers personalized health and wellness resources and work-life balance support to all staff and their families.
- Southlake‘s comprehensive Occupational Health Safety & Wellness team offers a range of health promotion services, including yearly influenza vaccination, staff wellness initiatives as well as on-site workshops and seminars focused on well-being.
- All Southlake staff have access to a free staff wellness centre, which includes a variety of cardio machines, fitness equipment and a beautiful group fitness studio.
Rewarding our valuable employees
Southlake offers a comprehensive Total Rewards benefits package, as well as recognition programs.
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP) is one of the largest and most successful pension plans in Canada.
- Extended health and dental plans.
- Life insurance coverage.
- Long term disability (LTD) coverage.
- Maternity and parental leave top up for the first 6 months of leave.
- Staff recognition programs such as the Loyalty Event and the Southlake Champion Awards.
- Incentive Programs such as Employee Referral Program, Bonus Incentive and Relocation Incentive.
Everyone loves a discount
Special discounts available for staff purchasing home, auto and travel insurance, prescription drugs and many other items from participating merchants. These are available immediately upon employment.
- Special discounts like Rogers Wireless Discount Plans.
- Southlake‘s gift shop offers a 10% discount for all staff.
- Southlake‘s retail pharmacy, Centric Health, offers 10% discounts to staff on over-the-counter purchases.
Having fun at Southlake
- Southlake hosts fun holiday and summer events such as our annual summer celebration.
- We encourage participation in events such as jersey days, dressing up for Halloween, Pride Month festivities, cultural celebrations, toy drives, Foundation events such as the Nature‘s Emporium Run for Southlake, NewRoads LakeRide, and the list goes on.
Who we are
Southlake is building healthy communities through outstanding care, innovative partnerships, and amazing people. We deliver a wide range of healthcare services to the communities of northern York Region and southern Simcoe County. Our advanced regional programs include cancer and cardiac care and serve a broader population across the northern GTA and into Simcoe-Muskoka.
Southlake strives to recruit amazing people and our team of nearly 6,000 staff, physicians, volunteers, and students, are committed to creating an environment where the best experiences happen. As a recognition of our commitment to quality and patient safety, we have received the highest distinction of Exemplary Standing from Accreditation Canada.
Both full-time and part-time employees are welcome to join the on-site employee credit union which offers savings and loans at competitive rates.
CAA Group Rates
The Canadian Automotive Association offers reduced group rates for hospital employees.
To apply for membership simply present your hospital ID badge.
Canada Pension and Employment Insurance
Financial Planning Seminars
Seminars are offered during the year for all staff. Topics may include information on registered retirement savings plans, planning your retirement, investments, etc.
A convenient gift shop offers unique items for purchase in a friendly atmosphere.
Special discounts for employees purchasing home and auto and travel insurance, prescription drugs, paint, and many other items from participating merchants are available immediately upon employment.
Occupational Health and Safety Unit
On-site occupational health nurses provide health counseling and other services such as vaccinations, flu, and hepatitis “B” shots.
The retail pharmacy, located in both the East Building and the Medical Arts Building, offers discounts to staff on some over the counter purchases. Full-time employees with benefits may have prescriptions filled and your insurance company will be billed directly.
Savings Bonds (Canada)
Payroll deduction is available for the purchase of bonds.