As we navigate the rapidly changing pandemic, we are always looking to ensure a safe environment for everyone at Southlake. We understand how important visitors are to patients and the role they play in their recovery. Visitors will be able to visit patients one at a time between the hours of 11 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- One visitor per patient will be permitted in the ED at the discretion of staff
Southlake offers virtual visits for those who are unable to visit their loved ones in person. Please speak with your care team about arranging a virtual visit with your family member. A reminder that patient phones are free.
Southlake requires all visitors and Designated Care Partners to be fully vaccinated.
- Visits must be between 11 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- Visitors must wear a medical mask at all times, including in the patient’s room.
- Visitors who feel unwell (fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat): please do not visit at this time.
- Visitors are restricted in the Emergency Department based on volume. See below for details.
General guidelines for all visitors
- All visitors will be required to self-screen at all entrances for COVID-19 symptoms, including fever/chills, cough, shortness of breath, decrease or loss of sense of taste or smell, unexplained fatigue, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. The requirement remains that those who are symptomatic or confirmed close contacts of individuals with COVID-19 are not permitted on site.
- Southlake will permit one support person per patient as an escort to an outpatient appointment or procedure.
- Stay home if you are sick or are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, no matter how mild.
- Age for visiting is restricted to 18 years of age and over.
- A medical mask MUST stay on at all times. The mask must cover both your mouth and nose.
- Clean your hands frequently with hand sanitizer, or soap and water.
- Please limit ins and outs.
- COVID-19 suspect/positive patients will not be permitted visitors. Visiting will only be permitted through proactive consultation with hospital Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC) specialists and clinical teams.
Emergency Department (ED) visitors
- Southlake may have restricted visiting in the Emergency Department to keep our staff and patients safe, avoid overcrowding and allow for physical distancing. One visitor per patient will be permitted based on current volumes in the department.
- There are NO in and out privileges for designated visitors in the ED.
- Due to environmental constraints, and physical distancing, seating for visitors cannot be guaranteed. Visitors may be asked to wait in their cars or leave a particular area due to clinic/department volumes and space.
- If your loved one is admitted to hospital as an inpatient, you will NOT be permitted to accompany them to the unit directly from the ED.
- Click here for visiting information specific to families and babies.
- Please check in and out at the nursing station with every visit.
- Please restrict your presence to the patient’s bedside and maintain physical distancing from the patient.
- Access to the unit pantry is strictly limited to staff only.
Thank you for working together to ensure all our safety during these unprecedented times. In order to keep everyone safe, visitor privileges may be revoked if all guidelines, and infection control practices are not followed.